Here are some more fun facts about teeth from 123dentist.com…
- The enamel on the top surface on your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body.
- No two people have the same set of teeth.
- Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime—that’s enough to fill two swimming pools. Saliva has many uses, including assisting you with your digestion and protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
- Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
- One third of your tooth is underneath your gums—that means only two thirds of your tooth’s length is visible.
- Teeth start to form even before you are born—milk teeth or baby teeth start to form when the baby is in the womb, but they come through when the child is between 6-12 months old.
- If you get your tooth knocked out, put it in milk and hold it in your mouth—this will help your tooth to survive longer. Make sure you see a dentist right away.
- Toothpicks are the object most often choked on by Americans.