Here are some interesting facts about teeth, courtesy of the Children’s Dental Village.
- The average American spends 38.5 total days brushing their teeth over a lifetime.
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others. Put down the pop and sports drinks and pick up some nice fresh water instead.
- Just like finger prints, tooth prints are unique to each individual.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces. Make sure you brush and floss twice a day!
- More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaque.
- 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by age 17.
- Dogs have 42 teeth, cats have 30 teeth, pigs have 44 teeth, and an armadillo has 104 teeth.
- Kids laugh around 400 times a day, adults just 15 times a day.
- The average woman smiles 62 times a day. The average man smiles about 8 times a day.
So brush and floss your teeth, drink plenty of water and SMILE…