May 16th begins National Smile Month, a national campaign to promote good oral health in children and adults. Here are some key points from nationalsmilemonth.org to maintain a health smile:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Change your toothbrush every two to three months or sooner if it becomes worn.
- Clean in between your teeth at least once a day using floss.
- If you are nervous about visiting the dentist, make sure they are aware of why so they can improve your treatment.
A great smile can improve your self-confidence, create a positive mind set and can change not only your mouth, but your body too.
We at Brogdon Dental want you to get your smile on. Call us today to make an appointment.