As a teen, you know that your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. That’s why it’s important that you take care of it. Cavities can happen at any age. If you drink sugary sodas, juice or energy drinks you risk gum disease and tooth decay. Take care of your teeth by brushing twice a day for two minutes and flossing daily.
According to Mouthhealthy.org, here is the bottom line for smiles that are healthy on the inside and out:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for two minutes
- Floss between your teeth daily
- Avoid sugary and starchy snacks
- Wear a mouthguard when you’re active
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t pierce your lips or any part of your mouth
- See your dentist. Regular dental visits will help set you up to be Mouth Healthy for Life.
With the Prom coming up for many teens, your smile will play an important part of your pictures. Make sure your teeth are healthy and bright by following the above suggestions.