No matter what your age, your oral health is important. Even though regular dental exams and good oral hygiene can help prevent most dental diseases, every year over 100 million Americans don’t see a dentist. It is important to schedule regular dental appointments because they can help find oral health problems early on. By finding out the problems early, treatment can be simpler and more affordable.
According to American Dental Association here are some signs you should see your Dentist:
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot or cold
- Your gums are puffy and/or they bleed when you brush or floss
- You have fillings, crowns, dental implants, dentures, etc.
- You don’t like the way your smile or teeth look
- You have persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- You are pregnant
- You have pain or swelling in your mouth, face or neck
- You have difficulty chewing or swallowing
- You have a family history of gum disease or tooth decay
- You have a medical condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, eating disorders, or are HIV positive
- Your mouth is often dry
- You smoke or use other tobacco products
- You are undergoing medical treatment such as radiation, chemotherapy or hormone replacement therapy
- Your jaw sometimes pops or is painful when opening and closing, chewing or when you first wake up; you have an uneven bite
- You have a spot or sore that doesn’t look or feel right in your mouth and it isn’t going away.
Even if you don’t have any of these symptoms, you can still have oral health problems that only a dentist can diagnose. Regular dental visits can help prevent problems from developing. Don’t put off your dental visit. Call Brogdon Dental today at 423-870-5698 to set up your appointment.