Many people avoid going to the dentist because of what they think is the high cost of dental care. But according to a recent report from the Pew Center on the States, ” in 2009 there were more than 800,000 visits to the ER for toothaches and other preventable dental problems and this number continues to increase in the U.S”.
If you are concerned about dental care costs here are some statistics to consider:
- ER visits tend to cost 10 times more that preventative dental check ups.
- Consumers spend more on candy for one holiday than for toothpaste for an entire year.
- 60% of those surveyed knew little or nothing about gum disease.
- 2 times as much is spent on hair care as dental care.
- 4 out of 5 Americans have periodontal disease.
- 3 out of every 4 children have one cavity before their 18th birthday.
So what should you do? If you are concerned about the cost of dental care contact our office. Ask us today about Quality Dental Plan and how it can help make dental care more affordable for you and your loved ones. Call our office at 423-870-5698 and start saving on quality dental care today!
The mouth is the gateway to the human body, so dentists are in a position to detect diseases early on…